My Photos

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jan Tink's Teeny Tiny Scrapbook

I LOVE little scrapbooks! I think they are so cute! So, yesterday when I found Jan Tink's Teeny Tiny Scrapbook tutorial, I absolutely had to make one of my own. I've linked to the instructions (and a video too) for Jan's tutorial. Just click on the blue link in the sentence above to get there. I used Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper and Rich Razzleberry Designer Series Paper, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, and Pale Plum card stocks to make my little book. I'll add a list of a few of the supplies I used at the end of my post, but most of the supplies are already listed in Jan's tutorial.

I knew I wanted to make my Jan Tink Teeny Tiny Scrapbook to match the notepad book that I posted yesterday. I also made a designer ;-) pen to go with the set. Here is my book...







Is this not the cutest of the cutest little scrapbooks you have ever seen?!!! I love it! Jan Tink is a genius, in my humble opinion, to have come up with this. The little tags above slip into each of the coin envelopes for adding journaling or more little photos. You will notice when you see Jan's tutorial that I made my own coin envelopes. I did post instructions for making your own coin envelopes in the post below this one. I'm not done decorating my teeny tiny book yet, but it sure is going to be fun to finish!

Here is a photo of my completed set. The teeny tiny scrapbook, the designer pen, and the notepad that was posted yesterday. Don't they look great together?


The pen was really easy to make. Usually you see these pens made with the clear barrel pens made by Pentel. Our Walmart doesn't sell the Pentel pens anymore (boo!), but I found some clear barrel pens by Bic. They are called Bic Cristal pens and you get 10 pens for a dollar. To make your own designer pen with the Bic Cristal pens, cut a piece of Designer Series Paper
4 9/16" x 3/4". I used a chop stick to help mold the paper by rolling the paper around the chop stick . Pull the ink pen from the bottom of the clear barrel with pliers and wrap the paper tightly around the ink pen shaft. You will leave the plastic bottom of the ink barrel unwrapped. Just wrap it around the part where you can see the ink. Slide the wrapped ink pen shaft back into the clear barrel as far as it will go. That's all there is to it!

Thanks for visiting- Have a great day!

Blessings!
Barb

For a complete list of supplies, please see Jan Tink's tutorial, but for a shortened list of the supplies that I personally used see below:
Stamps: Vintage Vogue- 118598, Best Yet (retired Hostess set)
Paper: Cottage Wall- 115671, Rich Razzleberry- 115685 Designer Series Paper, Old Olive- 100702, Rich Razzleberry- 115316, Pale Plum- 101658 card stock
Classic Stampin' Ink: Rich Razzleberry- 115658, Pale Plum- 102732, Old Olive- 102277
Dies: Little Leaves:114511
Other: Clear Rhinestone brads- 113144, Coin Envelopes- please see my tutorial below.

3 comments:

Kim Jenkins said...

What a pretty gift set this will make.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Great gift idea, and a cute lil book indeed. Would make a great brag book. TFS and TFS the instructions on the coin envie.
hugs,
Donna

JanTink said...

You did a great job! So glad you enjoyed my project and thanks for sharing it!