My Photos

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Bearthday Boy

I've been working on building up my stash of cards this year and decided I should add some children's cards. Little boys seem to like bright colors, so I chose Tempting Turquoise and YoYo Yellow. When using very bright colors, it's always a good idea to break them up with a place for the eye to rest. To that end, I used Whisper White as a mat between my colors. I don't make many male cards so I really need to work on more of those :-).

The Build a Bear Workshop line of products, exclusive to Stampin' Up!, includes some adorable stamps, along with dies for making cute, cute bears. I thought these two stamp sets would be perfect for a little boy card.

I stamped this cute little bear with Black Staz-on and colored him in with my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen on watercolor paper. If I am going to color with my Watercolor Crayons directly on my card stock, I will normally use Whisper White or Very Vanilla. Both of these card stocks have a coating on them, making them perfect for coloring. Simply outline only the edges of your image with the Watercolor Wonder Crayon, and in a tight, tiny circular motion, pull the color into the center with the blender pen. Use gentle pressure so as not to pill your card stock. If I am going to color in my image by picking up the color directly from the crayons, I use watercolor paper. Watercolor paper is much more sturdy so it doesn't pill very easily. With picking color up directly from the crayon, you would use the same method of pulling in color into the center of the image, by starting your coloring on the outside edges of your image. To finish off my image, I used Bashful Blue chalk to color in the sky around the bear. I added just a bit of texture on the YoYo Yellow with the Perfect Polka Dots Impressions folder. Easy peasy card :-)
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by- see ya' tomorrow!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Beary Nice Wishes- 118050, Beary Best Friends- 118052
Paper: Tempting Turquoise- 102067, YoYo Yellow- 102824, Real Red- 102482, Whisper White- 100730, Watercolor paper- 105019
Classic Stampin' Ink: Real Red- 103133. Black Staz-on-101406. Blender pens- 102845
Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Bold Brights- 106695 (Brilliant Blue, YoYo Yellow, Glorious Green)
Earth Elements- 106696 (Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive)
Neutrals- 106746 ( Sahara Sand, Going Gray, Basic Black)
Dies: Stars #2- 113461
Other: Bashful Blue Stampin' Pastels- 105542, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions embossing folder- 117335

No comments: