My Photos

Friday, March 5, 2010

Happy Retirement Dear Friend!!

My good friend Donna officially retired last Friday, so I made her a card to congratulate her on her upcoming days of rest and relaxation and doing whatever she wants whenever she wants. Try to say that five times fast, lol! I chose the 'Good Neighbor' stamp set for my card because I think the little houses are so home-y (is that even a word?) and cozy looking. This stamp set can be earned, by the way, as a free set during Sale-a-bration until March 31st when Sale-a-bration ends- in case you'd like your own set ;-). I wanted to create a restful and happy, relaxed little scene with some stamping and a little DSP because Donna gets to hang out at home now :-). Yippee! The crowds cheer for Donna!

I used Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper on this card front. It's one of my favorite DSP's! So pretty! The sun is punched out with a circle punch from Barely Banana and sponged around the edges with Apricot Appeal ink. I used a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes. If you don't have Teeny Tiny Wishes yet, it's a great set! It covers all the holidays and other occasions- like retirement :-D.

On the inside, I used two different stamp sets and two colors of ink- Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry inks. I hope that Donna liked my card and that you do too ;-) ! And hopefully she got it in the mail already- if not.... Surprise Donna!!! This is your card!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Good Neighbor- 119116, Well Scripted- 118601, Teeny Tiny Wishes- 115370, Best Yet- retired Hostess set
Paper: Rich Razzleberry- 115316, Rich Razzleberry textured- 115719, Old Olive- 100702, Very Vanilla- 101650, Barely Banana- 102701, Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper- 115671
Classic Stampin' Ink: Rich Razzleberry- 115658, Old Olive- 102277, Bordering Blue- 102265, Apricot Appeal- 105218
Markers: Barely Banana- 100039, Chocolate Chip- 100071
Punches: 1/2" circle- 104390, Modern Label- 116630, Word Window- 105090
Other: Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon- 111368

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much friend. People must know this card is way cuter in person. I have it on my mantel so I can see it everyday. I am enjoying being home and doing whatever I want whenever I want. I can now travel whenever I want also. :-)
thanks again Barb. Guess I'll be ordering so I can get this set.
Donna

The Country Rose said...

You are so welcome! I'm glad that you are enjoying your card. And hope we get to see you soon!

Barb