My Photos

Monday, March 8, 2010

Ahoy Matey!

My grandson is turning eight years old on Friday (where did that time go? I swear, he was just a baby a few days ago!) and he is having a pirate party this year. Grandma (aka me) is baking him a pirate ship cake with some pirate cupcakes to go with it. You know I had to make him a pirate card ;-) ! To make the pirate, I turned to the Build a Bear Workshop dies. They are great dies to have on hand because you can make more than just bears with them. I used the Ornament punch for the pirate's head and head scarf. The little tie on his head scarf is the little heart from the Heart to Heart punch. The white polka dots were done with my gel pen.

His pirate clothes are indeed the little bear clothes die, but I cut his clothes on the sleeves and the pant's legs to make them raggedy and more like a pirate. His little neck scarf was once upon a time little bear shoes and a little bear shirt cuff :-). His ship is also made with the Ornament punch and the Small Oval punch. And you thought you could just make ornaments with the Ornament punch :-D.

Awwww! He even has a pirate earring and an eye patch! The earring was made by punching an 1/8" circle punch into a scrap of Crushed Curry and then I used a 1/4" circle punch to punch around the first hole. I cut a little slit near the top of the earring so I could layer it front and back, creating his little ear. Highlights on his eye patch and his eye were done with a white gel pen. This cute little pirate was so much fun to make and my daughter (mommy to grandson) assures me that he will love it ;-). I hope he does! I will be making him a pirate birthday banner with my Pennant die that I got for Christmas from one of my other daughters and I haven't even used it yet. This is a great time to use it- can't wait to make that banner!

If you don't own the Build a Bear dies yet, you really do need them!!! They are not 'just' for bears, lol! Wishing you a wonderful week and hope you are having pretty Spring weather where you live. Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Blush Blossom- 103318, Real Red- 102482, Close to Cocoa- 101341, Chocolate Chip- 102128, Soft Suede- 115318, Apricot Appeal- 105124, Barely Banana- 102701, Crushed Curry- 115319, Old Olive- 100702, Whisper White- 100730, Very Vanilla- 101650, Basic Black- 102851, Ballet Blue- 100613
Classic Stampin' Ink: Apricot Appeal- 105218, Creamy Caramel- 103220, Bashful Blue- 105209, Barely Banana- 101170, Chocolate Chip- 100908
Stampin' Pastels: Cameo Coral (color on pirate's cheeks)
Punches: 1" Circle- 109046, 1/4" Circle, 1/8" Circle, Ornament- 116794, 1" Square, Heart to Heart- 113694, Scallop Circle- 109043 (to make clouds), Small Oval- 107304
Dies: Build a Bear Workshop Bear- 117977, Beary Essentials- 117978 (bear clothes), Birds & Blooms Sizzlits- 113485
Other: Black Journal Marker- 105394, White gel pen- 105021

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb, he will love it for sure. Very cute and such wonderful details.
TFS
Donna

Gabrielle said...

This is wonderful!!! I never would have bought the BAB stuff if I hadn't seen this! I love it!! You are so talented!

Kim Jenkins said...

Now I am really upset, why couldn't you have made this card a few months ago? LOL! My grandson had his 4th birthday in January and it was a Pirate Party. He would have LOVED this card. He got Sponge Bob instead. I'm such a terrible granny.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this specific beneficial publish! Please routinely keep it coming. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for a fantastic post which helped me to along the way, We are pleased for the work in looking into as well as scripting this post