My Photos

Monday, March 29, 2010

Fancy Flower Punch

Good Morning! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Today, my cards use the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch. To give you an idea of the size of this flower, my cards are A2 size (4.25" x 5.5"). For the first card, I borrowed my good friend Donna's Pinking Hearts Corner punch :-). Thanks so much Donna!!! I also used the Scallop Trim Border punch on both of these cards.

I did just the corners of my cards as I kind of like that look :-), but you can use the matching border punches and punch the design all the way around. As you can see in my photos, I layered the Fancy Flower, by first stamping the flower image from With All My Heart in YoYo Yellow, sponging around the edges of the punch out in Apricot Appeal, and then punching out another flower from Apricot Appeal card stock. I also sponged the edges of the solid card stock flowers. I finished off the flower centers with a Trio Flower punch flower and also inked the edges. I did two cards, pretty much the same, but changed out the corner punches and the colors that I used. The card above is on the bold side and the card below is much softer due to the use of pastel colors.


For the tags on my flowers, I stamped one of the sentiments from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched it out near one side of the sentiment instead of centering, then simply trimmed off the end and poked a hole with my piercing tool for the crochet thread. So there ya' have it! One basic layout, but two slightly different looks by using different color combos and different corner punches :-). I have to pick up one of my daughters and take her to work this morning so I have to run. I hope you all have the best day! Thanks for visiting my blog today- I appreciate that you take the time to do so.

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes- 115370, Sweetheart- 120780, With All My Heart- 118623 (wood mount- 118134)
Paper: Apricot Appeal- 05124, Pumpkin Pie- 105117, Whisper White- 100730, Old Olive- 100702, Pretty in Pink- 100459, Bashful Blue- 105120
Classic Stampin' Ink: YoYo Yellow- 102717, Pretty in Pink- 101301, Apricot Appeal- 105218, Old Olive- 102277
Punches: X Lrg Fancy Flower- 118073, Word Window- 105090, Scallop Trim Corner- 118870, Scallop Trim Border- 118402, Pinking Heart Corner- 118072, Trio Flower- 109183
Other: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder- 117335, Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon- 109030, Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon- 109032, pearl gems


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Barb, thanks for showing how different the cards can be using different papers. BTW, you're very welcome glad you could use the punch and now that you have I have a few idea's on using it. I really like the added touch of the faux pearls in the corners. They are that, right?
hugs,
Donna