My Photos

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Easter Egg Display

One of the things that my daughter looks forward to every year is decorating Easter Eggs. She makes decorating the eggs an artistic project :-). I was looking at the egg holders that come with egg die kits and well, they just aren't very cute. So, I decided that I could make my own egg holders to display my daughter's egg art work this year. You will see two of them in the photos below.



These are really quick to make! Just cut a strip of Whisper White card stock 5.75" long by at least 1.50" in height so you have room to punch your edge. Adhere the Designer Series Paper of your choice to the Whisper White strip, leaving enough space for your punched border to show. To finish them up, I run my completed strip over the edge of a counter to help round it out. Overlap the strip 1/4" and glue. You have an egg holder! You can make your egg holders as plain or fancy as you like. You can stamp them, add flowers, use any border punches that you have. I am going to use the Chocolate Bunny stamp and glue him to the front of some of my egg holders with a little bow around his neck. I will be adding some little flowers and leaves to the Bashful Blue egg holder in my photo. You can make your egg holders varying heights for displaying your Easter Eggs for more interest in your arrangement. No more boring or cheesy looking egg holders!! Have a great day everyone!

Blessings!
Barb

PS- as soon as I am done creating all the egg holders for my daughter, I'll post a photo of the completed holders.

Supplies:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes- 115370
Classic Stampin Ink: Old Olive- 102277
Paper: Whisper White- 100730, Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper- 115671, Bashful Blue Designer Series Paper- 112151
Punches: Modern Label-116630, Word Window- 105090, Trio Flower- 109183, Eyelet Border- 113692, Pinking Hearts Border- 117649

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea Barb, can't wait to see the entire collection. Will you also post Danielle's decorated eggs?
Donna