My Photos

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Congratulations....

to my oldest daughter Christine- she just landed her first internship!!!

She has been in college for three years now and she has two more to go. At times she feels like she is going to be in college forever, but she is more than half way there now. When she graduates, she will have earned two Bachelor's degrees and an Associate's degree. Actually, she has finished the requirements for her Associate's, but will receive all three diplomas upon graduation. She is studying international business, marketing, and graphic art. The internship she just landed is with a university and she will be helping them through her art background and her marketing background to make their research and their discoveries known to the world. They were very impressed with her art portfolio and with her cutting edge take on things. I know that she is the right person for the job they want. She is very creative and consistently thinks outside of the box. We are so proud of her!

I wanted to make her a card that expresses that this is just the beginning of a very successful career. Now she will have the opportunity to 'bloom' and she will grow through her experience and take that with her into the future.

For the front of the card, I used the Daisies #2 die for the flower in Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink. The flower is mounted with a Stampin' Dimensional on the Two Tags die cut. Die cut letters are in Old Olive. The cute Designer Series Paper can be earned free during Sale-a-bration, which ends March 31st.

The inside has congratulations, but also a little reminder that she is on her way and that the 'Best' truly 'is Yet to Be'. I used two ink colors for my sentiments- Melon Mambo and Old Olive. I like the look of two colors for the sentiments. Makes them just a little more interesting :-).

By the time you read this post, I am most likely preparing for my grandson's birthday party, which is at our house this year. My daughter #2 has some work being done on her house so it's just not feasible to have it there- which is OK by me! LOL! Daughter #4 has skate class tomorrow and then a sleep over on Saturday- so a busy few days ahead of me :-). Wishing you all a wonderful day today! See you tomorrow!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Well Scripted- 118601, Best Yet- 111604 (retired Hostess set Fall/Winter 2008)
Paper: Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper- 118401, Melon Mambo- 115320, Pretty in Pink- 100459, Old Olive- 100702, Barely Banana- 102701, Whisper White- 100730
Classic Stampin' Ink: Crushed Curry- 115659, Melon Mambo- 115656, Old Olive- 102277
Dies: Beautiful Wings embosslit- 118138, Two Tags Bigz- 115954, Daisies #2 Bigz- 114520, Birds & Blooms- 113485, Hay Seed alpha (Sizzix- not sold by Stampin' Up!, but coordinates with the Build a Bear Workshop dies)
Punches: Scallop Trim border- 118402- you can earn this free during Sale-a-bration

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How proud you must be, it shows in your writing and know you as I do you are beaming I'm sure. Congrats to her. You card is very cute and I know Christine will love it.
TFS
Donna