My Photos

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Donna Fold :-)

Well actually, this kind of card is called a joy fold, but my good friend Donna asked me to help her with some dimensions on a joy fold card that she wants to make for her grandson's birthday. Lots of grandson birthdays around here, lol! So when I came up with the dimensions for her card I mentally thought of it as The Donna Fold :-D.

After cutting and scoring it to see if it would work for her, I couldn't leave the folded card stock laying around doing nothing, so I made a card myself, lol! Thanks Donna, for the inspiration!

This is the front of the card folded into a standard 4.25" x 5.5" size and below is a photo of the card opened up. It can be stood up for display by the recipient. Joy fold cards are so nifty- don't ya' think?


I did make this card with a purpose already in mind. My soon to be 25 year old daughter moved to Texas not long ago because her husband has recently returned safely home from deployment in Iraq (thanking God everyday for that). She told me that now that she has moved I can feel free to send her some cards :-). Is that a hint or what?!!! She loves pink and she loves pink paired with brown, so I used Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip for the base of my card for her. Accents in Old Olive, Barely Banana, and Bashful Blue make the card bright and cheerful. I think she'll like it :-). Thanks for stopping by. See ya' tomorrow!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweetheart- 120780, Well Scripted- 118601, Teeny Tiny Wishes- 115370, God's Blessings- 114972
Paper: Chocolate Chip- 102128, Whisper White- 100730, Regal Rose- 105130, Barely Banana- 102701, Bashful Blue- 105120, Old Olive- 100702, Patterns Pack II Designer Series Paper-114325 (retired/Hostess)
Classic Stampin' Ink: Old Olive- 102277, Regal Rose- 105211, Barely Banana- 101170, Bashful Blue- 105209
Punches: Full Heart- 113693, Word Window- 105090, Modern Label- 116630
Dies: Birds & Blooms Sizzlits- 113485, Beautiful Wings embosslit- 118138
Other: Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain ribbon- 111368, blue gems

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always this came out adorable. Am sure Sarah will love it. Don't we all love getting cards in the mail. Thanks again Barb for figuring out the fold for me. It's nice to have someone elses brain power when you get stuck.
TFS
Donna

Kim Jenkins said...

I am sure she will like it, I love it. It is very "springy" and I am so ready for spring.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim