My Photos

Friday, March 19, 2010

Build a Bear Workshop Easter Bunny

Sorry for being so late in posting and for not posting yesterday. My daughter is a figure skater (roller skates) and I made her a new skate dress for St. Patrick's Day on Wednesday so she would have it for class on that same day. It's emerald green, of course :-). I have a shoulder injury and amazingly, there is a lot of reaching when you sew- who knew?!! The reaching irritates the rotator cuff, so I needed to take a couple of days to rest my shoulder.

If you've been following my blog for a while, then you already know that the Build a Bear Workshop dies can be used for so much more than 'just' bears. This morning I was thinking about bunnies and an idea popped into my head, so I went to my stamping room and got to work. Yep, you guessed it, I turned the Build a Bear into a bunny... isn't he cute? :-) I love his little suit, lol!

He is all dressed for Spring and for Easter Egg deliveries! Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE my Build a Bear dies? Who says you have to have a child who is into Build a Bear Workshop to get these dies ;-)? Ah, well it happens that I do have a daughter who loves her Build a Bears, but I am the one who plays with the dies :-D.

In case you are wondering how I turned the bear into a bunny, I'm gonna tell ya'. The first thing to do is to die cut a bear from Whisper White card stock. Next, punch out a circle with the 1 1/4" circle punch out of a scrap. Flip the bear over so he is face down. Line up the edges of the circle with the very edges where the ear meets the head. The circle punch out will be on the bear's face when you are lining up the ears with the head. Trace around the circle from the top of the ear to the bottom of the ear. Repeat for the other ear. Now take your scissors and cut along your trace line, removing the bear's ears. Punch three Small Ovals from Whisper White card stock. Two of the ovals will be for the ears and one will be for a mask to color the inside of the ears. Now that you have that done, take some Almost Amethyst Classic Stampin' Ink and a sponge dauber, and lightly ink around the edges of the bear body, the muzzle, and the ears. I think it's very important to ink the edges of your bears, otherwise they just look flat with no dimension. Cut a small piece of Pretty in Pink card stock and layer behind the nose on the muzzle. Finish the muzzle with a 1/4" circle punch of Basic Black behind the mouth. Take one of the Small Ovals that you punched to use as a mask and lightly draw the shape of the inside of the ears. You will cut out the 'inside' of the ear shape that you just drew. You will have just the outside of the ear left. Lay the ear mask evenly over each ear oval, hold in place, and with Pretty in Pink chalk, chalk just the insides of the ears. Lightly chalk a little bit of Pretty in Pink chalk on the cheeks, using the perforation of the muzzle in the bear die cut as a guide. Now adhere the muzzle. Adhere a 1/4" circle punch in Basic Black behind each of the eyes. Add some eye highlights, a nose highlight, and two little teeth with a white gel pen. Dress your little bunny with clothes from the Beary Essentials die. I used the Pawsitively Prints Designer Series Paper for my bunny's coat and his bow tie. See how easy he is to make? Ya' really do need the Build a Bear Workshop dies ;-). See my Polar Bear Christmas card and the little elf under the category for Christmas in my sidebar and the pirate is under the Birthday category. These Build a Bear dies are too fun to play with!!!
I will be back on Monday! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!!

Blessings!
Barb PS- the flowers were stamped with the small flower in Cheep Talk. Just stamp the flower once, then twist the flower and stamp again.

Supplies:
Stamps: Season of Friendship- 111776, Cheep Talk- 113204, Teeny Tiny Wishes- 115370
Paper: So Saffron- 105118, Bashful Blue- 105120, Certainly Celery- 105125, Almost Amethyst- 102158, Pretty in Pink- 100459, Creamy Caramel- 102514, Whisper White- 100730, Basic Black- 102851, Pawsitively Prints Designer Series Paper- 118060
Classic Stampin' Ink: Blush Blossom- 102609, Bashful Blue- 105209, Certainly Celery- 105217, Almost Amethyst- 101723, Chocolate Chip- 100908, Pretty in Pink- 101301, Crushed Curry- 115659
Stampin' Write Marker: Certainly Celery- 105106
Dies: Bear- 117977, Beary Essentials- 117978, Beary Hoppy Sizzlit- 117327, Beary Girl Sizzlit- 117982
Punches: Small Oval- 107304, 1 1/4" Circle- 104403, Scallop Circle- 109043 (to make the clouds)
Other: Pretty in Pink chalk- 105542, Stamp-a-ma-jig- 101049, White gel pen- 105021, green and yellow gems,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your shoulder is still acting up.......but What an adorable Bunny he turned out to be. Will you give that card to Jeremy or has Danielle claimed it already? LOL
TFS your talent with us. hugs,
Donna

Janeese Bank said...

Hi Barb, I just love your BAB Bunny! Just tooooo cute!!

Your comment about making the skating outfit brings back many memories. I used to compete in roller skating in the Southeast Conference in Sophmore figures and freestyle. My mother competed in Esquire figures and dance. I remember many a night Mom would be up working on our outfits. My job was to clean our bearings and polish our skates before competitions. The rink we represented even had 2 World Champions, Joanne Young and Tony St Jaques(sp). But that was almost 30 years ago. In my mind I still feel like I could still do everything, but the body just says "NO!" LOL

Smiles, Laurie said...

When I saw him in the Gallery I wasn't surprised to see that it was you that made him!
I love your Christmas one and I love him! I love his little jacket and bowtie! He's perfect!

On the weather front...I hope your yucky winter storm on the 21st didn't really freeze everything up...
I'm kind of curious as our winter came upon us quite quick (albeit late) and we still had trees in full green leaves frozen on the tree all year...I'm not sure if it will mean anything to their health.
On one more note, what type of horse do you have...my husband gave me one for Christmas...now I get to find him/her. I had one growing up, but it just sort of arrived and I knew no better than the tempermant he had...now as I'm searching I'm wondering the pros and cons of the various breeds. I think I like a Quarterhorse type.