My Photos

Friday, May 21, 2010

Too Much Fun!

I am having way too much fun in My Digital Studio ;-). This evening I started on an 8x8 book for my daughter to mark her first competition. I have seven pages done thus far and I plan to have them professionally printed through Stampin' Up! The printer will print the pages and bind them into a book. I have a choice of a photo cover, leather cover, cloth cover, or soft cover. Not sure which cover I will go with right now, but I know this will be an awesome keepsake for my daughter when it's all done and printed. So far I have kept all my pages in a Tempting Turquoise Designer Paper with white accents. You will notice in the photos that my daughter's figures competition dress is turquoise, white, and silver. You can't tell in these photos, but the white areas of her dress have light blue swarovski crystals sprinkled on them. Actually, not sprinkled on, but heat set on, and boy was that nerve wracking, lol! I was so concerned that my hand would slip and the heat tool would land on the fabric and burn a hole in it. Thankfully, no slips! Here are the first two pages...



I should have imported these into Photo Shop and knit them together so you could see them side by side. Oh well, I'll try to remember to do that next time :-).

After playing in MDS for only a short time, I can honestly say that this software is well worth every penny and then some. It comes with tons of Designer Series Paper, stamps, punches, buttons, brads, ribbons- lots and lots of fun stuff...everything you need to create great scrapbooks, cards, and other projects. You can even make slide shows, interactive pages with links to other photos, add video and music, and much more. The best part is that it's so incredibly easy to use! At first I kept forgetting to add drop shadows to the elements on my pages, but I put a note on my computer screen to remind me to do it and I am happy to report that it is officially a habit now :-D. Have a great day today!!!!

Edited to Add: Shari asked about the dotted circles I used on my layout. The circle is one of the circles from Circle Circus, an additional download you can purchase for MDS. I enlarged the circle, set the color to Whisper White, and the opacity to 50%. I hope that helps- please let me know if you have any questions!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
My Digital Studio

6 comments:

Kym said...

Very nice!!!

Kim Jenkins said...

Your daughter will love her book, what a great keepsake.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Pat said...

I love this 2 pager!! This program is so user friendly!!

Lois said...

OH WOW Pat, I love your pages. I have MDS and really need to take the time (someday) and play more with mine. You did a super job! I love the colors and your dd is pretty too. TFS

Shari said...

Okay, you've got me convinced to start using my MDS more regularly. These pages are gorgeous! What did you use for the dotted white circles? I love what you've created!

Amanda Mertz said...

Great layout. The colors match your daughters outfit just right. Looking forward to seeing more pages from the book!