My Photos

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thank You

A fellow demo was so kind as to send me some card stock samples of Wild Wasabi and River Rock, which are previous In Colors making a return as core colors in the new color renovation. I just started as a demo a year ago, so I didn't have the opportunity to get those colors when they were available. For her thoughtfulness, I wanted to send her a thank you card :-). I used the new Square Lattice embossing folder from the current Summer Mini. I love this new embossing folder!

I also used one of the brand 'new' core colors coming in July- Daffodil Delight. It's such a gorgeous shade of yellow, bright and cheery! I used three neutral colors on my card to make the three other colors I used stand out. The base is Soft Suede with Very Vanilla matted on Kraft- which will become Crumb Cake in July. Pretty in Pink card stock paired with Regal Rose Designer Series Paper and Daffodil Delight card stock makes the colors look soft on the neutral background. You could use these non-neutral colors on another color of card stock, such as Tempting Turquoise, and the same colors would appear bright instead of soft. My butterfly was done with the Butterfly punch. I punched the butterfly first from Kraft card stock and then again from vellum. I ran the vellum through my Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder from the Occasions Mini. The Perfect Polka Dots folder is still available for purchase even though the Occasions Mini promotion has ended.

For the inside of my card, I ran my Very Vanilla card stock through my Big Shot using the following sandwich: Multi-purpose platform on tab 2, clear plate, embossing folder with card stock inside, a 1" wide acrylic ruler placed on top of the folder on the right side. Do NOT use the top clear plate. Run the folder through the Big Shot with the ruler as the top. Make sure your acrylic ruler is the same thickness as the clear Big Shot plates and never, never, never try to force anything through your Big Shot. The ruler that I use is made by Omnigrid and you can purchase them at most fabric stores in the quilting section. After the embossed card stock is removed from the folder you will have a 1" embossed border. I usually add some scored lines on either side of my embossed border just to finish it off nicely. I made another butterfly the same as the butterfly on the front of the card and adhered it to the embossed border. Easy Peasy!

Wishing you all a wonderful day today!!! See you tomorrow!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Whimsical Words- 119119, Sincere Salutations- 115068
Paper: Soft Suede- 115318, Kraft- 102125, Very Vanilla- 101650, Pretty in Pink- 100459, Daffodil Delight- debuting in July, Regal Rose Designer Series Paper- 114325, vellum- 101839
Classic Stampin' Ink: Soft Suede- 115657, Regal Rose- 105211, Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker- 100045
Punches: Butterfly- 116629, Trio Flower- 109183, 1/4" Circle
Textured Impressions Embossing Folders: Square Lattice- 119976, Perfect Polka Dots- 117335
Other: pink and yellow gems

2 comments:

Lois said...

I love my card! Thank you for sending me such an awesome card.
Enjoy the new colors to play with.

The Country Rose said...

You found my blog! You are so welcome Lois and another big thank you to you too!