My Photos

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Elements of Style Vintage

I'm not very happy with this card, so I will probably re-do it. I'm posting it though because there are elements of this card that I really like. I like the colors I used- Elegant Eggplant, Soft Suede, and Kraft. My images are stamped on Kraft with Soft Suede ink and then colored in with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen. The edges are inked with Soft Suede and then run through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice embossing folder. I am pretty sure that the only thing I don't like about this card is the oval with the sentiment. I think I need to change that. It seems too bright for the rest of the card :-(.

I know I am late posting, but I am behind this week due to our trip over the weekend. I hope to get caught up sometime this week, but no guarantee that will happen. Hopefully, I will get caught up over the weekend if I don't get caught up this week. I'll see if I can fix this card later and post an updated version :-). Have a great day!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Elements of Style-120045 (wood mount- 118611), Vintage Labels-119112 (SAB)
Paper: Elegant Eggplant-105126, Soft Suede-115318, Kraft-102125, Very Vanilla-101650
Classic Stampin' Ink: Soft Suede
Watercolor Wonder Crayons: Elegant Eggplant, Garden Green, Pumpkin Pie
Punches: Wide Oval-112082
Other: Square Lattice Textured Impressions embossing folder-119976, 1/4" Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon-111367, Stampin' Dimensionals-104430, white pearls

7 comments:

Alexandria said...

I really like this card, but I think you are right. The oval saying is too bright. You need to dirty it up some! LOL. I love the background, though. It almost looks like it's a cross-stitch!

Pat said...

I love the textured background, it really adds a lot to the card!!! I love that stamp set too.

Kim Jenkins said...

I LOVE this card. It is very pretty.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

angieh29 said...

Gorgeous card!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wouldn't have thought to use the background like you would have. Neat! TFS!

Kym said...

Beautiful! You may enable me into getting this set... :)

Atty said...

Nice card Barb. I agree the oval is a bit bright, maybe you can just use the suede stamp pad to darken it. Love the texture look you have going on.
TFS
Donna