My Photos

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Daisies Scrap Book Page

Before my daughter and I got sick, we made a trip to a local garden. We like to go there fairly often when the flowers start to bloom. It's a pretty garden and I like to get photos of the flowers. I decided that I would finally scrap my photos of flowers! I'll need to find out the names of some of the flowers, but everyone knows daisies so that is where I started ;-).

The strip of daisies on the side was from an idea that Dawn Olchefske had on her blog. She did a technique called 'reverse masking' using a die cut from the Daisies #2 die. She made a background for a card that she made, but I thought it would make a great border for my page. You simply die cut a daisy flower, lay it on your card stock and ink the inside with a sponge dauber and some yellow ink. Then you take your next color of ink and again with your sponge dauber, ink around the petals. Dawn has a video for this very easy technique on her blog- just click on her name above and it will take you straight to that post. I die cut three more daisies and the letters to add to my 8x8 page. I matted my photo and my daisy border on Garden Green card stock. I like to sometimes print my photos with the white border around it so that I get the look of double matting without using more card stock to do it :-). My next page will be roses! I may actually have to do several pages of roses, lol! They are beautiful flowers to photograph. Wishing you all a wonderful, wonderful day today!! See ya' tomorrow!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Garden Green- 102584, So Saffron- 105118, Whisper White- 100730
Classic Stampin' Ink: Bashful Blue- 105209, So Saffron- 105213
Dies: Daisies #2-114520, Billboard alpha- 114510
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals-104430

2 comments:

Pat said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love that photo!

Alexandria said...

I love this scrapbook page! That die is going on my wish list now!