My Photos

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Post Cards

Sorry for being so late in posting today. It appears that my mojo has gone on vacation :-(. I did have on my to-do list, some post cards to make. Post cards are great for quick messages and are cheaper to mail than cards :-). You can use any sentiment from birthday to Christmas greetings. The only requirement for post cards are size and they need to be flat, since they don't use an envelope... although you could mail them in an envelope if you wanted, but you would pay regular postage. From one sheet of 8.5" x 11" card stock, you can make four post cards and they would be within the size limit for post card stamps. You would just cut your card stock in half lengthwise and then again crosswise. Easy peasy :-D. Here is the post card that I made today....

I thought I would use some colors from the upcoming color renovation. I used Pacific Point for the post card base. You can see the rest of the colors I used in the Supplies list below. I added some Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the Regal Rose flower and on each of the butterflies. Iridescent Ice embossing powder is perfect for adding sparkle to parts of your post card for mailing because it won't rub off. I tried to get a photo below so you can see at least see a little bit of the Iridescent Ice E.P.


I used a stamp from Winter Post for the back of my post card. You can leave it as is with the stamped image at the top of your post card or you can draw a line down the middle with a matching marker. The right side is for the address and the left side to add a short note if you'd like.

You can make post cards in any color, for any occasion, and use any stamps that you have to create the front of your post card. They are especially nice for 'Thinking of You' cards, just to let someone know they're in your thoughts. I hope you'll take some time to add some post cards to your card stash :-). Wishing you all a great day! Hopefully, my mojo will come back from vacation soon....

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Flower Fancy- 111578, Flight of the Butterfly-111564, Sincere Salutations- 115068, Winter Post- 111780
Paper: Pacific Point- returning in the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog, Whisper White- 100730
Classic Stampin' Ink: Pacific Point- returning in the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog, Baja Breeze- returning in the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog, Regal Rose-105211, Rose Red-101778, Pink Pirouette- returning in the 2010/2011 Idea Book and Catalog, Pretty in Pink- 101301, Bashful Blue- 105209, Old Olive- 102277, VersaMark- 102283
Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder- 101930, Heat Tool-100005 , Stamp-a-ma-jig- 101049

2 comments:

Kim Jenkins said...

Very pretty, I love this idea.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Anonymous said...

These are great, ok have never seen that post card stamp you have on the back....hmmmmmm
tfs and am sure your mojo will return very quickly.
hugs,
Donna