My Photos

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Color Renovation Part 2

I wanted to get back on this evening, now that I have time and am back from my daughter's skating lesson, to update you more on the new color renovation. First, the color renovation is not taking place until July 1st with the release of the new Idea Book and Catalog for 2010-2011. Now, the reason for the color renovation. Stampin' Up! has done extensive research on many levels over the last two years. This move is not something that Stampin' Up! has taken lightly, but with all the research, they feel that it is time for a change that has been long overdue. Because Stampin' Up! wants to remain current and on trend with modern, bright, and fresh colors for the customer, the color palette has been changed drastically to reflect this. They are aware of just how drastic a change this is- both for customers and demonstrators. Part of the research they have done is by monitoring sales of products. Sales on the colors that are retiring have been very, very low for some time. This has told them that we are not purchasing some colors as much as others. If you read my post below this one, then you have undoubtedly noticed that some of the colors that are remaining have been moved into different color Collections. This was done to create the most pleasing color palette for each Collection. The new color palette will consist of 40 core colors divided up into ten colors in each of the four Collections. An additional 5 new colors will be introduced in the upcoming 2010-2011 IBC (Idea Book and Catalog) as the new In Colors. These 5 new In Colors will have a lifespan of 2 years instead of 1 year as previously done in past catalogs. When all is said and done, the new 2010-2011 IBC will consist of 45 colors- the 40 core colors and the 5 new In Colors. That now takes us to the 2011-2012 IBC. In the 2011-2012 IBC, 5 more new In Colors will be introduced bringing the number of In Colors to 10, since the 2010-2011 In Colors will still be available for one more full year. After the introduction of 5 more new In Colors in the 2011-2012 IBC, each yearly catalog after that will always have 10 additional colors along with the 40 core colors, bringing the number of colors to 50.

Stampin' Up! will be providing kits for demonstrators and customers alike, where we can purchase 'just' the new colors in the new color renovation palette. Some of the kits will consist of Classic Stampin' Ink pads and card stock in the five new core colors. Another kit will contain Watercolor Wonder crayons, another markers, and another will contain Stampin' Pastels along with updated tins to reflect the new color palette, so that those of us who already have these products can update them without re-purchasing everything new again. Another option that will be offered are kits that contain the five new core colors, plus the ten returning In Colors, for those of us who may not have some or any of the returning In Colors. The kits will be available for customers to purchase on July 1st.

The following card stocks are also remaining: Brushed Gold, Brushed Silver, Confetti Cream, Confetti White, Glossy White, Naturals Ivory, Naturals White, Shimmery White, White Vellum card stock, and White Vellum paper.

Based on sales history, Craft Stampin' Pads will only be available in Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Whisper White. Craft Stampin' Spots, however, will be available in the color Collections, as well as the Craft ink refills.

For those who have My Digital Studio, a download of the new colors will be available on July 1st free of charge.

OK, I think that pretty much covers the big news :-). Now let's talk! I will admit that when I first found out the news I was not happy about it at all. I slept on it overnight and when I woke up this morning I did what another demonstrator did. I got out my Scallop Circle punch and punched a circle from each card stock that I have in the new Color Collections. Obviously, I don't have all of them because my colors consist of the current 48 core colors, this year's In Colors, and last year's In Colors. I have only been a demonstrator for one full year and I just discovered Stampin' Up! when the 2008 In Colors were retiring, so I never got a chance to get them. I tried though :-). The five new core colors are not available to us yet. When I looked at the new color palette punched from actual card stock I immediately warmed up to them. As I played with my card stock circles, a whole new world of color combos that I loved opened up to me. Now I am excited about the new color palette! Yes, there are favorite colors that I will be sorry to see go. The other colors I will bid a fond good-bye to, knowing that all the beautiful 'new' colors will serve me as well as they did. To see the PDF of the new Color Collections, click here. I will try to get some photos of my new color palette circles together and get them posted for you tomorrow morning. Seeing them grouped together in person is really an "Oh Wow!" experience :-).

Blessings to you!
Barb

No comments: