My Photos

Friday, April 9, 2010

Doodlebug Inspiration

If you have the May/June issue of Papercrafts Magazine, check out the cute, cute, cute cupboard on page 88! Gosh, I would love to have several of these on the walls in my crafting room! If you don't have the magazine go here to see the cupboard. At the website, the cupboard is just plain white (it's still so cute!), but you can add Designer Paper to the fronts of the drawers. In the photo in Papercrafts, they used the colors I used on my card for the drawer fronts. I'm tellin' ya', it would be worth a trip to the store just to open up to page 88 and see the cutest cupboard ever ;-). Wouldn't you know it, the colors they used match colors in the new Color Renovation palette- I love it!

Using that adorable cupboard for my inspiration, I scored lines 1/2" apart on my Whisper White card stock and across the bottom, just above the scalloped edge. I punched out three 1 3/8" squares from Whisper White, added a 1 1/4" punched square from Melon Mambo, Garden Green, and Regal Rose. Using Stampin' Dimensionals, I popped each square up off the card. The circles were punched from the 1/2" Circle punch and also have a Stampin' Dimensional on the back of each circle. The Regal Rose Designer Series Paper butterfly also has Stampin' Dimensionals on the back of the wings. I stamped my sentiment with Garden Green Classic Stampin' Ink. I really like this card! It looks so fresh and clean and reminds me of a sunny summer day. All I need is the icy cold lemonade ;-). Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

Blessings
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Hello Again- 113780
Paper: Whisper White-100730, Garden Green-102584, Melon Mambo-115320, Regal Rose-105130, Regal Rose Designer Series Paper- Hostess (retired)
Classic Stampin' Ink: Garden Green- 102272
Punches: 1 3/8" Square-103375, 1 1/4" Square-104400, 1/2" Circle-104390, Butterfly-116629, Scallop Edge-112091
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals-104430, Score-it Board

No comments: