My Photos

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanks Donna!

My good friend Donna sent me a link to a tutorial for making a card book that we had seen on a few different blogs in the UK. I loved the book and wanted to make my own, so I really appreciate the link she sent me! I changed the measurements from metric to our measurements, but followed the rest of her instructions and it was quite easy to put together. This is my second card book that I made. I'll post the first one tomorrow. I know, backwards :).

Back in May, my husband bought me a Sizzix eclips... love, love, love my eclips! This little gingerman and lollipops are cutting files from Designs on Cloud 9. She has the cutest files ever! Of course, I used Stampin' Up! papers, card stock, and inks :). The gingerman is cut from Close to Cocoa (retired- boo hoo hoo!). I used Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Island Indigo, and Pink Pirouette card stock along with Festival of Prints DSP. The edges are inked with Early Espresso and Crumb Cake. The snow is inked with Island Indigo.

 When you open the card it looks like a book inside! How cool is that?! The little peppermints at the corners of the book pages is a Stampin' Up! set and also the sentiment inside the book. I used Stampin' Up's! small Heart punch as well. There is plenty of space inside the pages for treats or a little gift. The inside pages measure the same as an A2 card base- 4.25 x 5.5 inches.
 A side view of the card book. You can see, in this photo, how it looks like the real pages in a book. So nifty :) ! Love it!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

Blessings!
Barb

3 comments:

Diana said...

Barb that is so cute!! Love the look. Great job as always!

Amanda Mertz said...

Super sweet project! =) The papers work so well with the images! TFS!

Atty said...

You did such a great job on this. TFS. I shared it on Pinterest :)