My Photos

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sweet Little Bird House

Sorry for not getting back sooner to post. I injured my shoulder a few months back and it has gotten progressively worse over time, to the point that I could barely move my arm without serious pain. We are talking pain that is so severe it paralyzes your arm for a few minutes. I am now seeing a physical therapist to see if we can't get my arm better. Not sure yet if it is a torn rotator cup (hope not!!!) or just what they call 'frozen shoulder'. I do definitely have a frozen shoulder and if it does not respond well to therapy the next step is to have an MRI to check for a tear. I do see some progress so far :). My shoulder was VERY swollen when I started out last week and much of the swelling has gone down- whoo hoo! BUT, I also had to rest the shoulder all week... doing nothing but ice and heat packs on it and a very gentle exercise to get some movement back in the shoulder again. I am hoping that tomorrow he will tell me I can do a little bit of something- really boring doing nothing- but I see why it was necessary :-). And it does feel a little bit better without all that swelling in it!

I mentioned in my previous post that I would be back with some projects from the new 'Occasions' mini catalog that is currently active from January 5th - April 30th 2010. As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I get to pre-order from each new catalog about a month before it goes live to the general public. Love that! One of the things that I ordered from the Occasions mini is the brand new Stampin' Up! Milk Carton die for the Big Shot. It is the cutest thing ever!!! As I was playing around with another project I was making with the milk carton die cut, I picked it up and it just reminded me of a little bird house. Isn't it cute?!

I used another new die introduced in the Occasions mini on this little bird house too. The butterflies! I LOVE butterflies! They are a sure sign that Spring has officially arrived. I enjoy watching them flit here and there during the Spring and the Summer... they are such delicate and pretty little creatures. This particular butterfly die is an embosslit die. This means that it not only die cuts these sweet, sweet little butterflies, it also embosses them with one run through the Big Shot. And yes, if you have a Cuttlebug, you can use the embosslits in it.

Add a pretty cord or crochet thread through the hole in the top of your Milk Carton bird house and you can hang it up. I thought these would be great for a little Spring tree if you put one out for the Spring holidays. And Christmas!!! How cute would little bird houses look hanging on your Christmas tree?! One of my daughters makes Christmas ornaments with my grandson to hang on their tree. All the ornaments are so much more special that way, don't ya' think :-) ? I'm sure that she and my grandson will be making Christmas bird houses to add to their Christmas tree at the end of this year. I know I will be!! I'll be back with more projects from the Occasions mini and to show you the AWESOME clear mount stamps and blocks that have made their debut in the Occasions mini!! You will LOVE them!! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Stampin' Up! Classic- Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Dies: Milk Carton, Beautiful Wings embosslit
, Little Leaves Sizzlit

3 comments:

Kim Jenkins said...

Very cute, I didn't order this die, but I wish now I had.

Unknown said...

Wow, this sure is cute! One of the nicer ones I've seen posted lately - great job! Cheryl

Christi Grace said...

TWEET TWEET! (Love it!!)