My Photos

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gotta Love Autumn

I love Autumn. Some days are just made for hunkering down in your jammies and creating. Today is very rainy where I live. We have gotten five inches of rain since last night! That is LOT of rain! I got up this morning and started my crock pot filled with everything needed for a beef stew. It smells sooooo good! I don't know if I will be able to wait for dinner before dipping into it, lol! I hoped it would stop raining long enough for me to get out and tend to the animals, but it didn't. Off I went out into the rain to let out my chickens and ducks, feed and water them and the horses and came back in soaked to the skin! The chickens don't like the rain much, but the ducks were in seventh heaven! Out they ran as fast as they could and jumped into their little swimming pool. I saw them later in the morning and they were out in the rain running around and having a grand time! Ahhh, to be like a duck :D.

This card is not a newly created today card :). I made this one a couple of weeks ago. I used my brayer and Old Olive Classic Stampin' ink to create the grass and Bashful Blue Classic Stampin' ink to create the background for the sky. Then I sponged more Old Olive over the top to shade the grass, sponged Close to Cocoa to create the path, and very lightly sponged Night of Navy for the sky. As you can tell, I also sponged a bit of Old Olive on the edges of my card. I used the tree in the 'Branch Out' stamp set as a focal point for my scene. 'Branch Out' is currently on the Dormant List and there is no guarantee that it will make it into the 2010/2011 catalog next year. It's a great set with 8 images in it, so if you would like to order this stamp set, the product number for it is 113200. This set can be used for every season, not just for the Autumn. You can order it through my online store link in the right sidebar or call/email me directly and I can order it for you if you'd like.

Below you will find a list of all the supplies that I used to create this card. Hope everyone is staying dry and cozy! Autumn has definitely arrived where I live! We've even had to turn on the heat for a couple of nights!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Branch Out (on Dormant List but still available), Sentiment- God's Beauty (retired hostess level one set), Stitched background stamp (retired)
Card stock: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Ink: Old Olive, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango
Punches: Modern Label

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very pretty. I just love fall and your card definitely says fall. Great job. I don't think this rain is ever going to stop!