My Photos

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Build a Bear Card for my Grandson

This is the card that I made for my sweet little grandson- yes, he is adored by all the family :-), and he does love to get mail too. He sometimes makes cards with me and he just thinks his grandma is so smart- uh huh, he knows how to rack up the brownie points ;-). So I always make him a special card for all the holidays. Since he makes cards with me, he knows that they take a little bit of time to complete and he appreciates them- who could ask for more? I am training him well :-D.

I used the Stampin' Up! exclusive Build a Bear dies to create this card for him. You can see the tutorial for making the sky background if you scroll down a bit on my blog and you will also find the instructions for making the pumpkin with the Wide Oval punch. This card measures 5" x 7" so that there would be plenty of room for my bear and for his Autumn scenery. I brayered the grass with Old Olive Classic Stampin' ink and the sky was done with the Scallop Circle punch. You can find a tutorial for creating the sky here. It's after midnight, so I am going to add the supplies list and go to bed :-) !

Blessings!
Barb

Stamps: Season of Friendship, Holiday Best (Hostess set)
Classic Stampin' Ink: Apricot Appeal (sky), Barely Banana (sky), Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Ballet Blue
Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Old Olive
Paper: Pawsitively Prints Designer Series Paper
Dies: Stampin' Up! exclusives Build a Bear Bear and Beary Essentials
Punches: Wide Oval
Accessories: White DMC embroidery floss (shoe laces)

No comments: