My Photos

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Adorable Little Elf

I recently visited Andrea Walford's blog and discovered an awesome video tutorial for making an elf's head from the Stampin' Up! Ornament punch in the Holiday Mini. He is soooo cute! You can find Andrea's video tutorial here. I really liked Andrea's elf head as soon as I saw it, so I set out to make my own. While I was making his head, I was thinking that I would sure love for him to have a body. Soooooo..... I pulled out my Build a Bear Workshop 'Bear' die to see if the bear's body would fit his head. And it is the perfect size- whoo hoo! His clothes are die cut with the Build a Bear Workshop 'Beary Essentials' die. Even if you don't have small children, you still NEED the Build a Bear Workshop dies so you can make little cuties like this elf ;o). Lol!



There is also a Build a Bear Workshop die with a Santa suit and clothes for Mrs. Claus, or should I say Mrs. Claws (uh huh- pun intended)? These dies are available right now in the Holiday Day Mini, along with other wonderful new stamps and products.

If you go to Andrea's blog to view her tutorial, you will notice that I added ears to my elf's head. I used the Five Petal Flower punch to make his ears. Instead of using a pom pom for his hat, I used the smallest flower in the Boho Blossoms punch. Whisper White card stock is cut at 4.25 wide and torn across the top to create the snow. I inked the edges of the snow with Bordering Blue Classic Stampin' Ink and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter for sparkle. I stamped two of the trees from the Patterned Pines hostess stamp set on Old Olive card stock with Garden Green ink and cut them out leaving just a smidgen of a border around the trees. Easy Peasy!

I made a girl elf today so will be posting that tomorrow as soon as I get her onto a card. Have a wonderful day!

Blessings!
Barb

Details:
Stamps: Patterned Pines (hostess set Holiday Mini 2009)
Card Stock: Old Olive, Real Red, Blush Blossom, Whisper White, Basic Black, Night of Navy
Paper: Sale a Bration 2009 -no longer available :(
Classic Stampin' Ink: Garden Green, Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel, Regal Rose, Bordering Blue, Tempting Turquiose; Black Stampin' Write marker
Punches: Ornament, Five Petal Flower, Boho Blossoms
Dies: Build a Bear Workshop Bear and Beary Essentials
Other: white gel pen, gold cord, Stampin' Up! Dazzling Diamonds glitter

2 comments:

ND Stamper Spot said...

I absolutely love this guy. He's such a cute little fellow. Great idea for the use of both the ornament punch and BABW die! Thanks for sharing.

Stephanie A said...

I love what you did with Andrea's little guy! I hope you showed her!
Now I think I have to get this die! Thanks alot! You see, we are way past the build a bear stage..so I thought I was off the hook! But this is adorable!