My Photos

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sweet Centers Stamp Set

Introduced in the new Holiday Mini 2009 is the Sweet Centers stamp set and the Sweet Treats cups. Sweet Centers is a GREAT set! There are six stamps in the set: hot air balloon bottom (as shown in the sample above), ornament top (see third sample), I Love You heart, Eek You're Sweet, a flower petal to create a flower (see Just Buzzin' By sample below), and leaves for the flower. Combined with the Sweet Treats cups, this stamp set is perfect for making little treats for kids, co-workers, friends, Christmas stockings, etc. You don't have to add treats either- you can put buttons, little die cuts, confetti, ribbon, whatever you want in the Sweet Treat cups! In my samples I used M&M's- ya' gotta love em' ;0).

Remember the Scallop Circle punch skies that we did? I did a Scallop Circle sky on my hot air balloon treat card, but on the treat card below, I just used a sponge dauber and a little Bashful Blue Classic ink on Whisper White card stock. I inked along the edges of the card stock, bringing in some of the ink toward the center. Easy Peasy! The one thing that you NEED to know about the flower petal in 'Sweet Centers' is that the 1 3/4" Circle punch does NOT reach the center of the 'stamped' flower. To get around this, I used the circle in the 'Holiday Windows' Movers and Shapers dies set and die cut the circle first in the center of my card stock. After my circle was die cut, I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the individual petals. To get a nicely even set of flower petals, stamp the first petal north, the second petal south, third petal east, fourth petal west. Then stamp in between the north, south, east, and west petals...... and then.... drum roll please!.... you have a pretty flower :D.

As soon as I saw this flower in the 'Sweet Centers' stamp set, I knew that I wanted to make a sunflower, and what goes better with sunflowers than little bees? Nothin' I tell ya'! So I pulled out my 'Just Buzzin' By' stamp set- don't ya' just love these little bees? They are soooo cute!
Okay, so now onto Christmas! It's my most favorite holiday :D and my girls all take after me on that, lol! But getting back to business..... I used the ornament top in 'Sweet Centers' to create the little Christmas card below. I stamped the ornament top in Old Olive, and not removing my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped over that with gold ink. These would be cute for stockings, don't ya' think?
Because I know that the card has to be taken apart to get to the candy in the Sweet Treat cup, I just use one 4.25" x 5.5" sheet of card stock and a mat with the Sweet Treat cup behind the mat. I'll be back later on in the week with some samples using 'Sweet Centers' without the Sweet Treat cups. Yep! It's just as great a stamp set without the Sweet Treat cups ;o) !

Just in case you didn't notice :o), I have a link on the right side bar of my blog to my Stampin' Up! online store. There you can purchase any of the stamp sets or supplies that I use on my cards or scrap pages- and you can shop 24/7- and have it delivered right to your door- can't beat that! Lol! Have a great weekend!!!

Blessings!
Barb

Details:
Hot Air Balloon Card- Stamps: Sweet Centers (116521); Ink: Bashful Blue, Regal Rose, Rose Red Classic Stampin' Ink; Card Stock: Regal Rose, Whisper White; Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Scallop Circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Sweet Treat cup

Just Buzzin' By- Stamps: Just Buzzin' By (113228), Sweet Centers (116521), Cheep Talk (113204); Ink: Bashful Blue, YoYo Yellow, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Ink; Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, YoYo Yellow; Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle punch, 1/4" circle punch, Sweet Treat cup, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Stampin' Write Markers-Blush Blossom, YoYo Yellow

Christmas Ornament- Stamps: Sweet Centers (116521), Four the Holidays (116921), Christmas Punch (115366- Hostess set); Ink: Old Olive Classic Stampin' Ink, gold pigment ink; Card Stock: Real Red, Whisper White, Old Olive; Accessories: 1 3/4" Circle punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Sweet Treat cup

No comments: