My Photos

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Build a Bear Workshop

Stampin' Up! introduced the new Build a Bear Workshop dies in the Holiday Mini 2009 and they are sooooo cute! My demonstrator order arrived yesterday so my 15 year old daughter and I decided to play last night. My daughter LOVES Build a Bear Workshop and she has more than one bear from our three trips 150 miles away from our home to visit Build a Bear. Yeah, her Daddy loves her very much :o). She has been creating and crafting since she was old enough to hold a crayon in her little hands and often times she sees things 'out of the ordinary' in the ordinary. Sometimes it just amazes me the things she sees in ordinary objects. When we were making our bears, she saw puppy ears in the backpack of the 'Beary Boy' Sizzlet!!! Who would have thought you could use the 'backpack' to create a puppy from your Stampin' Up! Bear?! Below is her Build a Bear Workshop puppy with her Build a Bear 'die cut puppy'.


And here is a close up of her patriotic die cut puppy. She used the star stamp from 'Snow Buddies' to stamp the stars all over her puppy. She used Brilliant Blue and Read Red Classic Stampin' ink. She shaded the edges of her puppy with Going Gray Classic Stampin' ink. The puppy's nose is Real Red card stock and her body is Whisper White card stock and mounted on mat board. She trimmed off the sleeves from the shirt and the legs from the pants on the 'Beary Essentials' die to create the swim suit. Isn't she cute?


The last visit we made to Build a Bear Workshop turned into a family affair, lol! My very sweet husband asked me if I wanted to get a bear too. I must confess that I really did want the limited time 'Autumn Hugs' bear :D. That bear is just too cute! I had a tiny little leaf stamp in my 'Lovely As a Tree' stamp set, so I used it to stamp the little leaves on her body in Pumpkin Pie and then colored them in with my Summer Sun marker. I inked the edges with Creamy Caramel Classic Stampin' ink and she is die cut from Very Vanilla card stock. Her clothes were created with the 'Pawsitively Prints' DSP and Whisper White card stock for her shirt. She was also mounted on mat board.


And here is my little die cut 'Autumn Hugs' bear with the real 'Autumn Hugs' bear from Build a Bear Workshop. So there ya' have it- you can use the tiny stamps that come with some Stampin' Up! stamp sets to create little die cut bears that look just your child's 'furry' Build a Bear Workshop stuffies ;o).

The little die cut Build a Bear Workshop bears were so much fun to make! I know we will be making many more, and if I know my daughter, she will have a die cut bear to match every single one of her 'furry' Build a Bears :D. Happy Wednesday everyone!

P.S. You can use repositional stencil adhesive on the backs of the clothes so they be removed and reused.

Blessings!
Barb

Details:
Stamps: Lovely As a Tree, Snow Buddies (hostess set in Holiday Mini 2009)
Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Going Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel Classic Stampin' ink
Summer Sun marker
Card stock: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Real Red, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Paper: Pawsitively Prints DSP (Holiday Mini 2009)
Dies: Stampin' Up! Bear, Beary Essentials, Beary Boy Sizzlit, Beary Girl Sizzlit

No comments: