My Photos

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Faux Hand tooled Leather Part 3

Step 9. Sponge the edges of your Crumb Cake pages with Soft Suede.
Step 10. Punch holes in your covers and in your pages and assemble.

This is what the inside of your mini book will look like :-).
And the outside cover. The satin Royal Coat puts just enough shine on the covers to make it look like the smooth hand tooled leather that you often see on saddles. I'll be back later with my completed mini book so you can see the finished book. I haven't finished it yet at this posting :-D.

Let me know if you have any questions and I hope you'll try this technique!

Blessings!
Barb

2 comments:

Kim Jenkins said...

Great tutorial, I may have to give this try - after I buy that embosiing folder of course. Thanks for enabling me LOL!

Kim

Amanda Mertz said...

VERY cool book and thank you for the great details tutorial. I will have to try this out! TFS!