My Photos

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Faux Hand tooled Leather Mini Book

I had to wait for my flower to dry so I could finish up my faux hand tooled leather mini book :-). I tied raffia to the coils- it just seemed to be a good touch ;-).
The flower was die cut and I used the side that my cutting plate left impressions in. After you use your cutting plates for a while, all the cut impressions in the cutting plate will leave those impressions on the wrong side of your die cut. This is good for those times that you actually want that texture, lol! I very lightly brushed my sponge with Night of Navy ink on it over the flower to bring out the texture that was left from my cutting plate. I coated the flower and the leaves with Crystal Effects- which is what I had to wait for to dry. I got impatient though and finished it with my heat tool. The Crystal Effects blistered just a bit, but I kind of like the look of that :-).
The inside cover and a couple of pages from inside my book....


If you'd like to make faux hand tooled leather for a mini book or to use on your cards, please see the tutorial below this post for how to do it. If you want to know what stamp sets I used, drop me a line. I usually put that information, but I'm kind of in a hurry today :-D. Have a great day everyone!!

Blessings!
Barb

8 comments:

Atty said...

Wow, that is an awesome look. Sure looks like leather. Great job.
Will have to give this tech a try.
TFS your talent with us.
hugs,
Donna

Kim Jenkins said...

Love your finished project. Very cool!

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

ps glad to see you got your creative juices flowing again!

Shari said...

Really cool project. I love how aged it looks.

angieh29 said...

Oh my goodness what a nice project. Your work is just beautiful! TFS!

Unknown said...

Wow--looks awesome! And thanks so much for sharing the tutorial too!

Lois said...

this is awesome! I love it. Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool is that! I really like it, what a great project! TFS!

Shirley said...

How very fun and pretty too!