My Photos

Friday, September 3, 2010

Just for you Kim!

I was going to wait until Monday morning to post this project, but I came to my blog this morning to check on something and found a comment from Kim that made me LOL! Kim feels that I need to try harder to get to my stamping room- rotfl!!! I have been so busy to the point of stress lately and I sooooooo needed her comment to lighten things up- thanks Kim :-) !!!! You totally made my day brighter!

To that end... here is my project :-). My ladies made this a couple of weeks ago in stamp class. We all ordered the Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' Kit in July so we could make these in the August class. They all did a great job making theirs and now all they have to do is add some embellishments and photos and they are good to go. Here's the cover of our 6x6 flip albums...
We used 'Dasher' on our cover. Isn't he awesome?! I'm so glad that Dasher carried over into the new catalog. He is one of my very favorite stamps :-)!

Next is the inside just as you open the cover.


This is a photo of the book opened part of the way. It stretches out from 6x6 to about 24 inches fully opened, if I re-call my measurements correctly ;-).

The left panel- the right panel matches the left one exactly....


And last, but not least- the very center panel.

These little flip books are completely awesome little books and never fail to get a "wow" from someone opening the book for the first time. They are just too cool!!! If you would like the instructions for making these, please visit Jenny's Blog. You will need to look on the right sidebar and scroll down a little way past the middle point. Look for the 'I Wish Flip Album Stamp Class'. Her tutorials are very reasonably priced and very well written with lots of photos. Once you purchase the instructions- you can use any card stock, DSP, and other Stampin' Up! products to create dozens and dozens more for gifts. Well worth the investment!!

I haven't finished decorating my flip book yet because I like to see what photos I'm going to use first :-). But I think I'm going to get two more kits and make these for my girls for their stockings. They'll love them! All right- now I am going to get back to my busy life :-). Have a wonderful and blessed weekend everyone!!!!!!

Blessings!
Barb PS- I am locking myself in my stamping room on Monday!!! No school and no housework for me!!!!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Dasher-116816
Classic Stampin' Ink: Cherry Cobbler-119669
Paper: Christmas Cheer Simply Scrappin' Kit- 117401
Ribbon- Real Red- 109034

6 comments:

Kym said...

Wow! This is a fabulous project. Have fun creating Monday. Why do we really need to do housework on our day off anyway? :)

Pat said...

This is very cool!!! Are you going to post instructions how to make these.

Atty said...

That book is just toooooooooooo cute. Great job Barb and glad you found some time to do the things you love...lol
Donna

Pat said...

Thanks Barb!

Kim Jenkins said...

I knew you wouldn't let me down LOL! This flip book is awesome.

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Lois said...

this is awesome!! Love the colors and everything!!! TFS