My Photos

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Build-a-Bear Workshop Thank You's

Have I ever mentioned that I love my Build-a-Bear dies? They are NOT just for kids :-) ! If you loved playing with paper dolls when you were little, you will love playing with the Build-a-Bear collection of dies, lol! The Build-a-Bear collection of dies are great for scrapping those photos from Build-a-Bear Workshop, but kids love cards made with them, and so do grown ups ;-). Not only are there dies in the collection, but stamps as well.

I made a set of thank you cards yesterday with my Build-a-Bear dies. This year's Idea Book & Catalog brings us some new clothes for our bears, 'Beary Dressy'. I just love this little outfit- too cute!! This dress reminds me of the little sun dresses my girls wore when they were little.
Sponging ink around your bear, the clothes, and adding a little bit of Stampin' Pastel to the cheeks give your little bears depth and character. You can also use some of your other dies with the bears, such as the small butterflies from the 'Beautiful Wings' embosslit. Perfectly sized for little bears :-).


I mentioned that Stampin' Up! also offers stamp sets in the Build-a-Bear Workshop collection. One of the sets is a collection of Beary cute little sentiments, lol!

If you layer a sheet of card stock and a sheet of Designer Series Paper on your die and roll them through at one time, you will be able to mix and match pieces to get different looks for your bear's attire. I didn't do it on these cards, but usually, I add 'Crystal Effects' to my die cut buttons to make them shiny. Bears and buttons just seem to go together, don't ya' think :-) ? Okay, that's my post for today. Have to start school with my daughter. Have a wonderful day today!!!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Stamps: Beary Nice Wishes-118050
Paper: Pretty in Pink-100459, Whisper White-100730, Certainly Celery-105125, Very Vanilla-101650, Basic Black-121045, Bashful Blue-105120, So Saffron-105118, Old Olive-100702, Pawsitively Prints I (retired- but there is a Pawsitively Prints II- 117396- in the new catalog- whoo hoo!)
Classic Stampin' Ink: Pink Pirouette-111838, Bashful Blue-105209, So Saffron-105213, Old Olive-102277
Dies: Bear-117977, Beary Dressy-119986, Beary Lovely-117987, Buttons #5-113440, Beautiful Wings embosslit-118138
Other: Square Lattice Textured Impressions embossing folder-119976

9 comments:

Shari said...

Awwwhhh.....these are so cute!

Atty said...

Oh isn't she cute!! Great cards Barb. Love that embossing. SU product? Happy to see you are Finding the Time to do the Things you love. ;)
Donna

Pat said...

Barb these are adorable!! Love the soft colors too!

Unknown said...

Oh,these are TOO cute!

Amanda Mertz said...

What sweet cards. You did a great job with the clothes...they look just like little girl clothes. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I love them! Makes me want to get out my BAB and play away (with the die cut machine that is)! Thanks for sharing and I love the detail you put into the bears. Very nicely done!

Kim Jenkins said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM! How could anyone not love the BAB. If they don't, it must be because they haven't visited your blog yet. This set is very cute!

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Lois said...

Too cute! Love all the different ways you did them in the same colors. Cute cute cute!! TFS

angieh29 said...

Great build a bear, she is so cute!