My Photos

Friday, November 18, 2011

Birthday Card

Here's a quick birthday card I made using four different stamp sets. I often like to combine more than one stamp set to achieve my final result :). It's amazing how many stamp sets compliment each other! This card is another 5x7 card. I seem to need the bigger size a lot more lately! I used the Petite Pennants punch for the smaller pennants and the Perfect Pennants Bigz die for the larger pennant. The punch and the die go nicely together, don't ya' think? To make the embellishment in the center of my larger pennant, I stamped the candy from Sweets for the Sweet and punched out the center using a 1/2" circle punch. Then I punched the outer part of the stamped candy with a 1" circle punch. I stamped my little 'wish big' sentiment onto Whisper White and punched it out with the 1" circle punch and layered them. I popped it up on a Dimensional as well.


The little sentiment banner on my card was made with the banner on the Petal Cone die. I simply die cut the banner and then trimmed it closer to the length I wanted my banner to be and laid it on top of the banner on the die and ran it through my Big Shot again. Easy Peasy! 

For the inside, I stamped more candies in matching colors to the card front and layered two of the candies in the corner. Tomorrow I'm going to share a card that my daughter made for me. She doesn't stamp often, but when she does, she comes up with cute ideas :). See you then! Have a GREAT weekend!

Blessings!
Barb

Supplies:
Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Whisper White, Melon Mambo,  Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, Pear Pizzazz DSP
Stamps: Sweets for the Sweet, Pennant Parade, Create a Cupcake, So Happy for You (retired)
Classic Stampin' Ink: Melon Mambo, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Punches: 1/2" Circle, 1" Circle, Petite Pennants
Dies: Petal Cone, Perfect Pennants
Other: Snow Burst Textured Impressions embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, white crochet thread

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

What a fun card! I love the candy & pennants together. The colors are perfect...nice and bright and sweet! TFS!