My Photos

Friday, October 7, 2011

Add a Little More...

I've been trying to work on Christmas cards here and there when I'm able to steal a few minutes. I've been making individual cards with specific people in mind. I have a friend who loves everything vintage and although the card I made for her isn't exactly vintage, it has a little bit of a vintage feel to it. Enough that I think she will like it :). 



Inside of both cards
I made another card using the same design, but I added a little bit more to the design, just to show you how that little bit of extra can really enhance your card.
 I brayered the inside of my embossing folder with Blushing Bride ink, placed my Very Vanilla card stock inside, and ran it through my Big Shot. Just that little bit of color really brings out the embossing. You can't really tell in my photo, but the darker edges around the Scalloped Circle, the Blushing Bride mat, and the holly leaves are heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder so that those areas sparkle. I also distressed the edges of the sentiment banner for a little added interest. Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!
Barb

Colors used: Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Old Olive

1 comment:

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the pink and green as a Christmas card! I like how you showed the stepped up version too. Great cards! TFS!