My Photos

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Layout

I absolutely LOVE winter on the farm!! Our snow always stays white and pretty and the scenery is breathtaking. Whenever we get a good amount of snow, I try to get out and get photos. That's one of the things I love about photography- you have a visual image for as long as your photo lasts :).
The top photo on my page is a picture of my husband's favorite tree. He thinks it's the coolest tree on the whole farm...and we have a LOT of trees around here! The bottom photos are the same post, just from different angles. I really like the way posts look with snow on top of them :). 

I wanted to thank everyone again who left such caring comments about the loss of our kitty Lucky. We are still adjusting to him being gone. I am so very thankful for the power of a camera. Our camera's preserve our most precious memories for us. It was really odd that day that Lucky was so cooperative with my camera. I remember thinking that at least I would have some great photos of him for when he got old and it was his time to go. I had no idea that day that his time would be just a few months later, but maybe he knew and that was why he was so cooperative. I plan to do some layouts of Lucky, but it's just soon yet for me.

I hope you are all having an amazing week so far! We have gotten more snow- as much as in my photos above, so this will be our second official snow of this winter :D. 

Blessings!!!
Barb

Supplies:
My Digital Studio

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic layout and colors! I love the pictures too. We don't get snow here in Houston, but I did grow up in Colorado, so your pictures bring back fun childhood memories. :-)

I also wanted to say that I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Atty said...

Great LO Barb, love the shot you took of the posts.
tfs
hugs

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful layout. I wish I had an awesome tree like that in my yard. TFS!

Kim Jenkins said...

Barb I love your blog - are you designing this yourself?

Thanks for sharing,
Kim